Probate Division

Where can I get Court forms?

You will find user friendly court forms on-line here  or go to the Manitoba Laws site at http://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/rules/forms_e.php.

If you do not have access to a computer, you may purchase court forms at any Manitoba Court Centre.

Can I find Court forms or Rules of the Court online?

You can find information on the Laws of Manitoba at http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/statpub/index.html

Once you are at this Internet site, click on " Enter Manitoba Laws" to find specific information.

Can I access the Court Registry System online?

Yes, you can access the Court Registry System online at http://www.jus.gov.mb.ca/registry

What are the fees that I will have to pay to file court documents?

The Law Fees and Probate Charge Regulation regulate all court fees. You can find these fees .

Fees can be paid by cash, cheque or money order. Security for costs must be paid by certified cheque or money order.

How can I obtain a copy of a Grant?

The Court of Queen's Bench, Probate Division, in Winnipeg, acts as the central registry for all probate matters in the Province. You must attend or write to the Court of Queen's Bench, Probate Division, in Winnipeg, to request information. Court staff can photocopy documents from the file for a minimum charge of $2.50. ($1.00 for the 1st page and then .50 cents for each additional page) plus applicable search fees. You may wish to contact The Court of Queen's Bench, Probate Division, in Winnipeg at 945-0344 to obtain an estimate of the fees that you will be required to remit along with your written request.

Can I obtain information on a file without the file number?

Yes, court staff can complete a search in the deceased's name.

Do I have to probate a Will?

You are only required to probate a Will if there are assets in the deceased's name alone.

What are the current Probate Fees?

The fees are:

  • $70.00 on the first $10,000.00 value of the estate and then: 
  • $7.00 per $1000.00 or portion of a $1000.00 thereafter.
Information on this page last updated on August 13, 2014